Before the advent of laptops, tablets, and smartphones, there was the humble desktop computer that could complete several tasks. With the advancement of technology, a lot of people seem to opt for gadgets and devices that are mobile so that they can use them on the go.
However, that does not mean that desktop computer devices are dead. They are still available in the market along with laptops and tablets. Here is a comparison of all the three to help you understand the pros and cons of both.
- While laptops and tablets can be carried anywhere, this may not be the case with your desktop computer. Even the best desktop computers are not convenient to be carried around and have to stay put in one place.
- In terms of the time needed for these three devices to be put on, the tablet leads as it takes a shorter time to start as compared to laptops and desktop computers.
- If you are looking to multitask with your device, then desktop computers are ideal as they offer a much faster processor than laptops and tablets. Between the laptop and tablet, the former is faster than the latter.
- When you compare the cost of these three devices, then even best desktop computers are cheaper than the best laptops and tablets. Laptops and tablets can be found in different price ranges but are always more expensive than desktop computers.
- Laptops and tablets are more suitable in comparison to even the best desktop computers when compared in terms of the space aspect. The former two can always be stored anywhere while the desktop which will always need some desk space.
- Even the best desktop computers need an active power supply to keep it functioning whereas tablets and laptops function on an in-built battery.
Your needs and budgetary limits will highly influence whether a tablet, laptop or a desktop computer is the most suitable for you. The purchase of each of these should be an informed choice to ensure that you have spent your money on the right device.